I do these every year now, I love them!!! This is what a Christmas cookie is all about. It the cookie that earns it right on the cover of a magazine.
Festive Thumbprint Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3 dozen or so candy melts.
1. In a mixer, cream the butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar and cream together.
2. Add egg yolks and vanilla, scraping sides from time to time.
3. Add flour.
4. Chill dough for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375F. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll dough balls into colored sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Push thumb into dough to flatten and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Take out of oven and place colored candy melt into center. Put back in oven for 1 minute.
8. Use a toothpick to swirl melted chocolate.