My husband LOVES these. So do I, but I can resist the temptation more than he can. They’re different- maybe a little more gourmet than your typical brownie. Most brownies come in a box nowadays, but what if I told you making them from scratch maybe only adds an extra 5 minutes to the brownie baking process? So let’s liberate ourselves, and think ‘outside the box!!!’
Seriously though, these are pretty awesome. And if any of you want to make these, and see me regularly, let me know you’re making them and I save you some $$$$ on the crystalized ginger and cardamon….I have extra.
Spiced White Chocolate Brownies
(From Better Homes and Garden’s 2011 Christmas Cookie Special Edition Magazine)
2 1/2C flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cardamon
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C butter, softened
1 3/4 C packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. rum( optional, but I use it)
1 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. white baking chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp. finely chopped crystalized ginger
powdered sugar, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Set aside
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour,spices, baking powder, salt and set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat the butter on med-high for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, rum and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour. Stir in the white baking pieces and crystalized ginger.
4. Move batter to the pan and spread evenly. This batter is REALLY thick, so be careful.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, lift the brownies out by the foil and slice. They say they make 32 brownies, but I cut them into bite sized pieces, so I get way more than that.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
It’s snowing pretty hard today. Don’t look at shoveling as a chore!!! Think of it as a little cardio!!! Put some pep in that shovel!!!!